Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Goodbye St. Louis!

I'm sitting in the St. Louis Airport for hopefully the last time in a long time! This is my final flight back to Philadelphia as my project is ending. There are lots of holiday travelers all around, and excitement is in the air! I had a busy week packing up my apartment and saying goodbye to my teammates. This was truly bittersweet as it's officially the last project I will be a part of before the babies arrive. After this major life change, I can only imagine that my experiences will be vastly different than they have been in the past. This chapter of my life is coming to a close, and while the 6 1/2 years of travel was not always easy, I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. I have learned so much and opened my mind to many different people from varying backgrounds. I have made some truly wonderful memories in my travels along with some life-long friends, and I will always cherish them. The people I have worked with have never ceased to amaze me with their integrity, dedication to the work we do, and overall fun loving outlooks on life. They are the reason I have endured some of the client ridiculousness that I have :)

I have been assigned to a development project with my company until June, and I'll be involved in some very cool cutting edge stuff. The best part is there will be limited to no travel involved, so Eric and Aspen will get to enjoy myself and the twinkies for many weeks to come. I'll be happy to have someone there to run to Wawa when I need olives or milk (or any other fun cravings that are coming my way)!

We are very excited for this Christmas as it will be our last to just focus on each other and our families. While next year will be very different for us, we are ready for the change and will be overjoyed to see our children's excitement for many years to come. We will be spending Christmas with the Schmidt's including Grandma Bunny. Aspen especially loves Grandma Bunny and sometimes chooses to sit with her over myself, Grandma Schmidt and even Aunt Lyndsay. He will also be spoiled with gifts, perhaps for the last year :) Then we head off after the new year to Hilton Head to be with the Purcell side. What an exciting couple weeks we have coming up! We can't wait to see our favorite Nephew, Jack!!

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you are blessed as you spend time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow

Baby Pics