Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Successful Move...

We had an amazing weekend moving and had a great time! We had more help than we knew what to do with, and we greatly appreciate each person who moved our stuff and helped unpack everything! The Schmidt family (Peg, Bill, Adam, Lyndsay) were here from the beginning to the end and did everything from building steps in the back for Aspen, to cleaning out each and every cabinet (thanks Lynds), to carrying super heavy furniture (who knew Adam had muscles??), to organizing our closets, to carrying all our clothes out of the condo, then back into the house, to unpacking the entire kitchen and finding the perfect home for each item, and bringing food for the whole crew (not to mention toilet paper and other essentials!!

Also a huge shout out goes out the Mangins who supplied the moving truck which made multiple trips from all over the area where our things were stored, and spent countless hours moving and unpacking. Eric is one of the hardest workers I've ever seen (and I'm not referring to the one I married... :)) Monica also proved that she doesn't slow down and organizing is one of her strengths as well. We really appreciate all the support, and couldn't have asked for better friends!

Because of the contractions, I wasn't allowed to do much at all, and my wonderful mother-in-law did a fantastic job of taking care of me and even brought a blanket for me and kept filling up my water bottle :) She is going to be a wonderful Grandma.. I can't wait to see her with the Twinkies!!

Eric has been super hard at work these past couple days as well. Not only did he pack everything perfectly, but he has done an excellent job getting everything set in the new house, organizing the troops, and has spent many hours at the condo cleaning, painting and getting it ready for our new tenants! He has not gotten much sleep since he's still working the night shift, and I'm so proud of him and his dedication to making sure everything is done (and making sure I don't have to worry about anything!)

So, now that I went on and on.. I should probably share some pics. We have a lot unpacked and done, but you'll see, there is still some work to do! Eric is busy thinking of colors to paint and other jobs he would like to do. Let me know if you have any color ideas or decorating tips!!



Steps Before

Steps After

Entry Way from 2nd Floor

Entryway into house

Front Rooms (these need some work :)




Family Room
Kitchen Before (Lyndsay Cleaning)



Kitchen After


Breakfast Nook


Office





Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Twinkies Room (Those are the cribs in boxes! We picked them up last night, and I'm so excited to set them up!!)


Guest Bedroom

Guest Bathroom

Upstairs Laundry



Guest Bedroom #2

We have our first birthing class tonight and I'll post pics of my torpedo belly soon!!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures and stories are great. Can really get a sense of the fun / whirlwind weekend y'all had. The amount of space you now have must be a big change from the condo. Can't wait to visit in March.
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new home looks just gorgeous!! congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics