Friday, February 12, 2010

Update on the Twinks :)

I thought since my last post was about a hospital stay, I should probably update on how I'm doing now. I've seen my doctors multiple times and had non-stress tests lately and everything is going well. I still have contractions when I have too much activity, but as soon as I sit down and relax, they go away. The doctor's say this is a great sign and means that the contractions aren't progressing at this point.

We got over 20 inches of snow this week, so there were some cancelled appointments, but we got in yesterday and everything is still going well. They boys are very active moving around constantly! It's fun to try to guess the positions, then when I go in for the tests I can see where they actually are! Yesterday we saw that they are both breech one on top of the other. This made it especially difficult to find both heartbeats b/c the hearts are so close together that they couldn't distinguish one from the other. That's why they got out the ultrasound machine and we got to see them! Both heartbeats continue to be strong and the boys are doing well!

We are going to see some friends in Ocean City this weekend. They moved recently and we're excited to see the new place and spend some time together. The doctor said a trip of this distance would be fine, so I'm very excited to get out of the house! I'm still getting used to not traveling every week, so a change of scenery will be awesome!

We are 8 days from moving day, and Eric is doing a great job packing. I haven't been able to help, but I'm pretty good at supervising :)

My mom called yesterday and cancelled my family baby shower in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure my doctor wouldn't have let me travel that far anyway, and it was going to be the week after the move. I was disappointed, but also a little relieved that I didn't have a 12 hour round trip journey coming up. It would've been great to see everyone, but probably not worth the risk of being that far away.

I'll post some belly pics soon! These boys are really growing fast!

1 comment:

  1. glad you and the boys are well!! im sure you are looking forward to being in your new home ;) we will miss seeing you this month, but totally understand!!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics