Sunday, May 16, 2010

Homeward Bound??

Well, we thought we were going home today, but unfortunently, Jordan was not able to keep his temp up.  It's a common problem for smaller babies, so not anything to be too worried about, but the CHOP doctors wanted to keep an eye on him for 24 more hours to make sure he can maintain a temp of at least 97.7.  They were nice enough to let us stay with Jordan, so Landon and I are technically 'discharged', but squatting in our private room in the corner of the community hospital (I'm kinda worried about the bill with all my experience with insurance companies.. I kinda feel an appeal coming on :) We are hoping to go home tomorrow, as long as Jordan can keep up his temp.  I'll let you know and share some pics when we do go home!

The last 5 days have been the most incredible days of my life.  There have been so many amazing experiences and realizations we have had, and meeting the boys has been beyond description.  I didn't know a love this deep was possible, and the more I get to know them, the deeper it goes.  They are doing so well, and I can't get enough of them.

Overall they have lost weight, which is totally normal for newborns, but with them being under 5 lbs, it does seem a little more scary.  Landon got down to 4 lbs 3 oz, and Jordan's low was 4 lbs 5 oz, but incredibly, they have both gained weight in the past 24 hours.  They are nursing incredibly well, and I'm so impressed that babies this small know exactly what to do.

We are more excited than we've ever been to take them home and start our lives together.  The introduction of the boys to Aspen will be so fun, and seeing how they do once we don't have an army of nurses will be interesting :) 

I am healing well, and came through the C-Section with flying colors.  I am feeling strong, and don't even feel like I had major surgery just a couple days ago.

Thanks to Monica who took all the incredible pictures and posted them so quickly to the blog so everyone could meet the boys!  Please don't expect the same quality from me as I have no idea how she did half the stuff that is on there now :)  She will be doing more photo shoots for us, I'm sure though, so expect to see some really good pics at some point, and know they aren't from us!

We did finally buy a new camera, and there are over 300 pics on there that I need to figure out how to share (and figure out how to even pick the best ones), but until then, here are some pics from today and yesteray :)  They are changing everyday, and I honestly usually think that newborns look more like aliens, but somehow my boys don't :)  That's obviously a mother's perspective, but I hope you enjoy the pics!! 


Landon on the left, Jordan on the right all bundled up to keep up his temp!


Landon on the left, Jordan all bundled on the right!


Aunt Lyndsay graduated today with her Masters!!!  Way to go Aunt Lynds... we love you!

Snuggling in the crib together (Landon left, Jordan right)


Snuggle bunnies.. they love staring at each other!


Landon is 'discharged'.. he loves wearing his own clothes!

Thanks so much for all the prayers and support through this pregnancy and delivery!  We are excited to continue to share our joy and updates with all of you!

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy how much they change so quickly and no, it isn't just the mother in you that thinks your boys are beautiful. I can't imagine they get that from their mother or father. :) Things will be very different when you don't have the herd of nurses but you will learn and so will they. Somehow we as parents figure out what's best for our babies. If you find yourself up late with questions and don't wanna bother your moms you can always give me a call (i'm up til about 130 or 2am). Safe travels home. You and Eric are going to be GREAT parents...I have no doubts about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I love hearing how you are experiencing that mysterious "mother's love" that sets in instantaneously upon meeting your baby (in this case babies.) No one can really explain it, it's something you just have to experience. Enjoy those precious newborns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you and the boys are doing well!! that instant love is pretty amazing, isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics