Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day :)

We spent Father's day with the Schmidt's at Adam and Lyndsay's house.  They made a wonderful meal, and we spent the day relaxing and watching the US Open.  Grandpa Schmidt is really getting good at holding both boys, and you can see how he lights up when he's with them.  We are so thankful and blessed to have him so close, and I'm sure he'll teach them all kinds of things as they grow up!  We love you Grandpa Schmidt!!

 
Landon Sleeping on the left and Jordan wide awake on the right

This was Eric's first Father's day, and I think he really enjoyed being the center of attention.  Although the boys couldn't say in words how much they love and adore him, it's clear by the way they look at him that they love him so much!  Eric is already an amazing daddy, and it's awesome to watch the connection he has with each of the boys.  My favorite story was when I was in the hospital still, Eric looked at me with a very serious face and asked "do you think it's OK if I kiss them on the lips??"  Of course I said yes, and ever since then, everytime he picks them up, he gives them the best daddy kisses ever!  I can't wait to see him grow more as a dad, and watch the boys as they make him their hero.  As you can see from the pictures below, we didn't want to leave out Aspen.  He will always be a part of our family!

Jordan on the right, Landon on the left
Papa Purcell wasn't here on Father's day, but we sure can't forget him on a Father's day post.  He came to visit for 3 weeks when the boys were born, and really got to bond with them in their first days.  He is a wonderful dad to me, and more than I ever could've wished for.  He never missed one of my sporting events, and has supported me in everything I've done.  We sure do wish he lived closer, but know that he will be visiting whenever he gets a chance!  We love you Papa!!


This weekend was also Grandma Schmidt's birthday.  We celebrated with her at a restaurant, and the boys slept the whole time...which meant no one got to hold them :(  So, we took this picture of Grandma admiring her grandsons, and it was too cute not to post!  Grandma has been the #1 babysitter already, and can even handle both boys at the same time!  We are so lucky to have her in our lives.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend - Birthday and Father's Day! WE love these little guys!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics