Friday, July 23, 2010

Personalities

I have really enjoyed the past couple weeks really getting to know my boys.  It's amazing how much personality they have at such a young age.  As a first time mom, it's so interesting to me that I have no idea what next week will hold, but I'm so excited to see!  These boys have really captured our hearts.  Eric gets home around 8:00 AM each morning.  Depending on what time the boys get up and eat, sometimes they are back down for the early morning nap when he gets home.  You can see the disappointment on his face that he won't be able to play with them before he goes to bed.  He sometimes even goes in to just peek at them, and I'm so excited to watch his love continue to grow.  At 10 weeks old, we are starting to see some real personality, and I wanted to take a moment to share some of what we are learning about our little angels.
 
Landon has been a mover and shaker ever since he arrived on the scene.  From the first couple days in the hospital when he would 'dance' by moving his arms all around, to this past week when he really started to interact, I'm amazed at each step.  I can tell that he will have a strong personality as he's very clear with me when he is hungry or just wants some attention.  I can also see the love he has for his brother when I put him down for a nap first, and then cries until the moment I put Jordan down next to him, he looks over at him and gives me a huge smile.  Landon has also started to mimic faces we make at him.  He will smile when we smile and even stick his tounge out if we do it first.  He is developing quickly, and it's fun to see each milestone being accomplished. 

 
Jordan, on the other hand, really doesn't get shaken up too much.  He reminds me of his Daddy as he is very easy going and will pretty much go with the flow.  I'm pretty sure this little guy would be sleeping through the night if his brother didn't wake up so much!  He is also the one that I typically hand over to people when they come to visit because I know he will just look sweetly at them and probably not cry.  Jordan also loves to cuddle.  When you pick him up, he typically grabs onto any part of your shirt that he can and lays his head right on your shoulder.  Jordan also really loves his brother and regularly reaches out to him and often finds his hand to hold.  Who knew that such young babies could be so attached and even show affection? 

I love my precious little boys, and I'm sure God has BIG plans for each of them!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Not that you don't know this, but I love those little guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Jordan and Landon!!!XXXOOO You both are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, so neat to read about the boys lindsey!! its so neat how they are their own little men :)

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics