Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend with the boys :)

We had a great weekend, just the boys and me.  Eric left Thursday morning and returns Sunday afternoon, and that left the boys and me some quality time together :)  They were both little angels and went down better for naps and even slept through almost all of them (this is something we've been working on!).  Because they were so good, I was able to accomplish some things around the house, which was so nice!

We have wanted to have a ceiling fan in our bedroom for a couple weeks now, and even had bought one at Costco, installed it, and found out that it didn't work :(  Well, we returned it and got another one at Lowes about a week ago, and it's just been sitting in the corner.  I got determined on Friday and decided I was going to install it myself!  After all the frustration with the other fan, I didn't have too much confidence.  I followed the instructions and googled lots about electrical wiring, and on my first try, it was working like a charm!  I think Eric will be so proud of me when he sees what I did!

I also took Jordan to his eye appointment on Friday.  The pediatrician referred us because I mentioned he hadn't been focusing as much as Landon.  Well, of course after I got the appointment, he started focusing more and interacting, but I kept the appointment anyway.  So, it was not a surprise to learn that Jordan is perfectly normal and there are no issues with his eyes :)  It was a fun adventure to just have Jordan (Grandma Peggy watched Landon for me).  It was the first time the boys were separate, and I think Jordan enjoyed the extra cuddle time in the waiting room (although I was reading Us Weekly for the first time in 3 months, so I was only giving him about 75% of my attention).  Landon did great with Grandma, as usual... I think I might have to retract his nickname fussypants if he keeps it up!

We also got to enjoy watching Uncle Adam play in his church softball league.  It was the championship game, and even though Hilltown lost, we were so proud of our Uncle and loved seeing him after the game! 


Uncle Adam and Jordan
Uncle Adam and Landon

He can do both.. no problem :)

(Thanks to the Dittberners for the super cute outfits!!)

Landon has been cooing lately, and it's my favorite thing he's done so far!  During his 'old' fussy times, he's replaced it now with smiling and cooing.  I didn't think I could love them more than I did a week ago, but seriously it just keeps getting better!  I'm so excited for Eric to come home and see his amazing boys!  Along with cleaning most of the house, I also gave the boys a bath tonight (not an easy task for 1 person.. but it's getting easier with each try :)  Here you can see, Landon was happy and cooing, and Jordan wasn't too excited after his bath :)


Sweet Boys.. nice and clean


Fussypants?  I don't think so!

1 comment:

Slideshow

Baby Pics