Saturday, April 24, 2010

34 Weeks

I've made it to 34 weeks now!  We had some excitement this week, but it wasn't so bad.  I was having high blood pressure during a non-stress test on Monday, and so they ordered some tests to make sure I wasn't on the virge of preeclampsia.


On Thursday I went back for my 2nd non-stress test of the week, and I was having contractions every 5 minutes (which isn't good).  They sent me upstairs to be observed for a couple hours, and I got to see the doctor.  She decided to give me the muscle relaxer to stop the contractions, and it worked well.  Again my blood pressure was a little high, and she had the results of my tests.  There was a little bit of protein that they were worried about, but my bloodwork was fine.  She did check to see if I was dialated, and luckily, I wasn't at all.  So the contractions I was having were not progressing anything.  She said they will just continue to watch me, but the best news was that she said I'm beyond the point of needing to be on bedrest, and the babies would be fine if they were born soon!  That means if I go into labor, they probably won't stop it!!  I'm still hoping for another week or 2, so we'll see!

My belly just gets bigger by the day!!

Eric and I are both very excited for the boys to arrive.  He has begun his own version of nesting by painting whenever he gets a chance and putting the finishing touches all over the house.  Our friends, Nate and Kelly will be coming over today to see the house for the first time!  We are very excited to spend some time with them!

2 comments:

  1. yay!! so exciting :) soon one of these posts is going to have baby pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look terrific! We are so proud of you and Eric....the Schmidt boys will have a great mommy and daddy!

    Bill and Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics