Friday, April 2, 2010

Hospital Visit #2

Well, we did have a little excitement this week, and got to visit the hospital again.  It was very similar to my last visit, and I'm happy to say myself and the boys are doing just fine :)  I was having quite a few contractions yesterday, and I'm still in the phase where more than 4 contractions/hour warrants a call to my doctor.  Well, I was having about 6/hour, and so we decided to give them a call.  The doctor said I should go to the hospital just to be safe, so they could stop the contractions.

We arrived in the ER as usual, and the labor and delivery nurse came and took me upstairs in a wheelchair.  We hadn't scheduled a tour through the new labor and delivery area yet, so before we went to the brand new triage room, she wheeled me around and let me take a look.  The room was huge, and extremely nice.  But I'm still not ready to visit it too soon!

They did the usual and hooked me up to the monitors, and started an IV.  The boys are much bigger than before, so they were easier to find, and both heart rates looked great.  I had about 7 contractions the first hour, so the doctor decided it was time for some muscle relaxers (to stop the contractions).  They gave me the terrible shot, and it didn't take long to stop everything.  My tests came back positive for another infection, so then they started the antibiotics.

By this time it was clear that I was going to be able to go home soon, so I sent Eric off to work (night shift), and my wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law came to the hospital to take me home.  We arrived home around 2:00 AM, and I slept in really late today.  I'm going to be taking it easy this Easter weekend, and trying to enjoy the amazing weather too!

I start getting my non-stress tests 2 times a week next week and an ultrasound the next week.  I'm still not on bed rest, and I'm hoping that I can continue to take care of myself enough to not have the doctor's tell me to slow down.  Eric has been wonderful through it all, and I'm so excited to see him as a father.

1 comment:

  1. so glad all is well! thanks for keeping us posted :) take it easy this weekend. happy easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow

Baby Pics